Civil Attorney Dallas
Dallas Civil Attorney, Free Consultation
Nancy Ridgway, Dallas premier lawyer, has been practicing as a civil attorney in Dallas and around Texas for years and has handled thousands of civil matters. She is board certified in two areas of civil law: Personal Injury Trial Law and Real Estate Law but has handled civil matters in numerous other areas of law and family law. She and her office offer consultation on matters that they handle.
Contact Us Today! (972) 671-5000
What is a Civil Attorney? – Dallas
A civil attorney is, fundamentally, a lawyer that handles various matters that are not criminal or governmental in nature. Therefore, a civil attorney does not have a practice that only defends people that are charged with a crime. Similarly, an attorney working for the government as a criminal prosecutor or in another capacity typically would not be considered a civil attorney. Consequently, a civil attorney practices law in the private sector and handles cases or matters of a private, civil type.
What Does a Civil Attorney Do? – Dallas
A civil attorney is focused on handling civil lawsuits and transactions including:
Civil Lawsuits in court:
- Civil negligence cases such as personal injury matters: car accident injuries, wrongful death, industrial or work accidents, truck accidents. Basically, any claim for monetary damages for being harmed by another’s careless conduct.
- Disputes such as claims for breach of contract: sales contracts, real estate contracts, business contracts, settlement contracts, etc.
- Lawsuits for fraud or real estate litigation.
- Ultimately, any type of civil litigation claim or matter.
- Contracts – Civil attorneys are tasked with drafting and revising contracts in all sorts of situations, including business sales, real estate sales, and complicated international transactions to start.
- Deeds – Deeds transfer legal title to real estate.
- Corporate Formations – The establishment or forming a company for an individual or group of individuals.
- Corporate Documents – The drafting of operational documents for the operation of the company such as a shareholder or partnership agreement.
- Real Estate Documents
[h3]How Do You Know if You Need a Civil Attorney for a Civil Case in Dallas?
The answer to this question depends on the situation. Undoubtedly, individuals have the right to represent themselves in any civil case in court. However, it is often not a good idea, particularly in complicated civil matters. The traps are many, in county or district court, that you may not be aware of due to lack of civil law training. Small claims court is where people typically handle their cases without a lawyer. The procedures, in small claims court, are designed for folks to file and handle a civil matter on their own.
On the flip side, there are some circumstances where you MUST have an attorney in court – whether small claims civil or the county or district civil courts. Non-lawyers are not permitted to represent another person or a company (even if it is your own company) as this would be practicing law without a license.
Dallas Civil Attorney – Nancy Ridgway
If you have any questions about a civil matter or lawsuit, feel free to contact civil lawyers at Nancy Ridgway Law Offices.
Contact Us Today! (972) 671-5000